View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 05:46 PM
LHSmith
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2019
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by CheewiesCopilot View Post
Going to Envoy and I wanna know what are the pros and cons of working there
Good luck. If you need the experience, it's a place in which to attain that. If you need to get recurrent after a short hiatus from aviation, it's one of many places in which to do it.

I was hired 13 months ago as a direct entry captain for the latter reason and am leaving in a few days for a major airline. 19 years ago, Comair had better reserve rules and quality of life than ENY does in 2019. In 2001, we did an 89 day ALPA strike, yet the climate was far less abrasive and contentious leading up to the strike than it is here at present day ENY during normal, everyday operations.

ENY's problem is the culture. It's miserable. I have never seen such disdain and contempt between management and the work groups; all work groups. The culture that is present is one propagated down directly from AA and will never change.

If I knew a year ago what I know now, I would have reattained my currency elsewhere. ENY is a miserable place to work, in my opinion.

This is merely my opinion based on 13 months of hand-on observation. There will be those that agree with me and those that do not; to each his own. I would not recommend ENY to anyone.

Last edited by LHSmith; 11-05-2019 at 05:58 PM.