View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 07:34 PM
Elevation
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by Elevation View Post
People are emotional and committed to their current courses of action. There already is a mass exodus, especially among junior FOs. Labor pressures alone aren't going to alter anybody's decisions. In fact reason is missing and can only be injected from some, external party. This is sad since all sides are composed of rational people that are working together to create irrational results.

To drive that point home our leadership may propose cutting costs in mx. This may have been suggested AFTER increasing our fleet and departures per maintenance dollar to 150% of 2008 levels (2008 and 2018 SEC 10-K data). So we're essentially looking to sacrifice safety again. We're not looking, say, to shed half of our executive weight.

Intervention by regulators and shareholders is the only way forward.
I have to correct myself. Cost cutting has been proposed. I have not been able to substantiate rumors that mx has been the focus of cost cutting measures.

10-Ks report maintenance expenditures, crew and non-flying personnel along with operational data. We have tripled our fleets and departures while only doubling non-flying personnel and maintenance spending.

We fear further cuts to critical administrative and maintenance support. Those cuts have not been announced formally.