Thread: ExpressJet?
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 07:23 AM
PassportPlump
Banned

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by Chrismo01 View Post
Hi, so I just recently committed to ExpressJet and have a class date in February. But I was speaking with a relative who is a captain at Delta and I became curious as to the relationship between ExpressJet and Delta. ExpressJet now only flies United tails and with the Aviate program, United is very appealing. But I do want to try and keep my options open. I’d like to know if being at ExpressJet would in any way hinder my chances to get hired by majors other than United, specifically Delta.

Thanks for any insight or advice anyone has.
No. Go to a regional airline. Get your time. Apply.

I interviewed at multiple airlines and almost none of them cared about the quality of my regional airline. We had some guys from GoJet, some from big sky (defunct b1900 operator), etc.

Then when you get to Delta you will say “I flew for expressjet.” And the guy 36” to your left will say “what did they fly? I don’t know anything about them.”

Nobody will care in the long run which regional you came from. Just keep your nose clean so to speak when you’re at your regional. The RJ outfit I worked for was a ton of fun. We had a blast just about every week at work. Enjoy the journey.