Thread: Pros and cons
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 07:32 AM
HobGoblin
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Originally Posted by LHSmith View Post
Well, let's see. I was a Check Airmen on the DC10 and 757 for many years, for starters (If you'd like an aviation accolade measuring contest, I am more than up to your challenge and willing to bet I will prevail that contest of logbooks, type ratings, and experience). Then, I took a break from aviation to become a police officer and contribute - rather than ***** from the sidelines, since many were being slaughtered along with continuously degraded in the public eye.

I wasn't going to go there but, since you opened that can of worms, okay - here we go. I wouldn't be so quick to enter 'macho' conversation regarding the union and their prowess (lack thereof) at ENY. I'll just leave it at that. You go get yourself an ALPA star pin and we will talk 'union talk' big boy. I'd just leave the union out of this if I were you. Unless you are one of the idiots here that touts on social media about "I want to strike" or "I can't wait to strike"; complete and total moronic thinking. Until you've been through one, you'd never realize the ramifications of such and the desire to make it an utter last resort. So don't bring up nor tell me about union substance. Again, I've got you beat there too. But hey, you're an 8 year ENY tenure (in this hiring climate), you obviously know it all.
Easy there skipper. So you flew for an ACMI? Nice! But you don’t have experience with Skywest, Endeavor or any other regional outside of Comair a decade ago or longer?

Since your rant went off the rails there and I’m a little lost, are you saying you don’t want unions, or you think ours is so weak we might as well not have one? I was bringing it up in regards to you recommending Skywest, which has no union. You see, in my experience here I actually have seen and heard guys who got there job back thanks to the union. This has nothing to do with striking or whatever else you went off about.

I am curious to hear what your actual examples of the company culture being so negative. Can you post any substance instead of stroking yourself while attacking others?