View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 02:57 PM
maxjet
VHR-very happily retired

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by jhugz View Post
Just curious how many times you’ve sit next to a pilot during an IH because it sounds like a lot? I’d love to learn from your vast experience. You seem to have all the answers no matter how misguided. You again show that you have no idea how the CBA works and how the company can discipline.
You seem to forget that you started this thread drift with your inaccurate comments about senior pilots acting as children. You and your supporters then create a false narrative of “the company will punish you, the customer will suffer, and a Captain who had to sacrifice time with his family so as to cover a sick call”.

Let’s use my “vast experience” 🙄 to answer this. K4 has never had a problem with sick call abuse. Why? Because you accrue .67 days per month. It is a finite benefit and when it runs out it runs out. Most pilots don’t use sick time because they lose money on the deal. How many pilots have been disciplined for sick time abuse? I am not aware of any. I am not aware of any flights being cancelled because of an illegitimate sick call. I am not aware of ANY pilot EVER being forced to stay over to cover a flight. In fact we have a no junior assignment policy.

I would personally appreciate it if you and your supporters would cease with the false narrative that has no basis in reality. The biggest problem I see with these shenanigans is that other airlines do in fact operate the way that you describe. One of the intangible things of beauty here at Kalitta is that we don’t. Unfortunately, lots of people believe what they read on the internet and do not feel the need to verify.