View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 06:34 PM
symbian simian
Line holder

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: On the bus,seat 0A

Originally Posted by Noworkallplay View Post
I wondered away from my base and found this village and engaged in conversation. Is that not allowed in this exclusive club? I would welcome you with any questions if you ever stumble our way.

This whole conversation started with a response from a 5th year Capt to a potential Spirit applicant. He touted about his paycheck on 5th year Capt pay (Well north of 250k). I simply stated that to get to that pay with that hourly rate you have to work extra. Then some others got their feelings hurt and chimed in also.

Let me be the first to say I’m happy guys/gals at Spirit are now making decent money. Believe me I’m not blown away by that number I just simply pointed out you must work extra to do it. No big deal some work harder than others. I work extra also and am on 5th year NB Capt pay. I’m currently at 322k and will do 350k this year, but I work extra and live in base. This is not “common” since my hourly rate is 265/hr. So I would say our average 5th year NB Capt makes around 270. If he makes more than that then he must work extra. So with PBS if your getting 85 hrs a month than your bidding max credit which is more work. Even with that to get north of 250k you have to fly extra every couple months. It’s just math!! No reason to lie just say I worked extra (A lot extra)!

90hrs a month *206 (5th year Spirit Capt pay)= 18,540 a month
18,540*12=222,000 annually

And that assumes 90 hrs every single month. So if your well north of 250k your working your little yellow tail off
Again, if you quote our contract, be correct. Every NK pilot gets the A320 override so $210/hr.
6 yr, 10 months into the year:
845 hr credit at 100%, 670 block
50 hr credit at 200%, 20 block, so 690 total so far
$205K, so looking right around $250K for the year, 15 days off average, not including vacation.
Never work trips that starts before 9pm on day 1, always make it home day 4-ish (yes, red-eye included).
Nowhere close to legacy pay, but definitely didn't work a lot extra, and SAS didn't work hard.