Thread: DTW Base
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 02:43 PM
Balker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by HaleHortler View Post
Was going to create a thread to ask this. Glad I found this one.

In DTW:

What percentage of assigned reserve days can you expect to get called out? Depends on season?

Once you get a line, how easy is it to drop trips? What about the whole month?

What are the chances of someone picking up a trip you posted?

And finally, what is the breakdown of trip length? Mostly 4 days? Even mix? any locals at all?

I like working as much as the next guy but sometimes I just need some extended family time. Thanks for the replies.
Never been DTW based, but I’ll make a few comments.

Reserve
Summer = fly a lot
Fall = fly little
Also depends on the reserve period and type (short/long call)
I’ll let the DTW give you more detailed information.

In simple terms, our system is designed to have a 75% reserve coverage on Initial Open Time. Dropping a trip thru 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmass, as you would expect, it’s extremely hard, but not unheard of. We are a very seasonal airline, so summer time it’s harder to drop trips, specially weekends. Nonetheless, this is an extremely flexible airline, and you could have a lot of time off, almost as much as you want expect during popular holidays (while jr). This applies to lineholders only. Reserve, almost no flexibility.

In theory, you could be part-timer as a line holder

We like lazy around here, and regardless of what you might read on these forums, we have good pilots that could leave to a legacy but decided to stay and enjoy a laidback life.