View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 02:51 PM
Bearhawk23
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2019
Lightbulb Jobs for 500 hour TT pilots?

Hi All!

Would any of you more experienced pilots who've been around the block by chance have some recommendations for any 135 operations that are actively looking for first officers? I'm currently a CFI in the PNW and absolutely love my job! Unfortunately students up here at least in my area are not as abundant as places like Seattle, LA, etc... Being a CFI is really a part time gig right now that I would love to do full time but there just isn't the student base for it where I am.

I'd love to hear from you guys about job opportunities I could start applying to now that I'm at the 500 hr mark for TT. I know a lot of people say it gets easier to find a job once you get here but I honestly can't find many operations that are hiring FO's at this TT point. Boutique, Ameriflight, Jump planes, Pipe Line are almost always looking for captains or someone with at least 1000 TT. So maybe I'm just missing something in my own personal research that I haven't thought to look at yet so would totally appreciate if someone could help open up some new opportunities to check out!

I'm truly open to anything! I've been a CFI and Survey pilot up here in the PNW. But would love to do anything that gets me in the air!