View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 07:41 AM
Elevation
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by sky jet View Post
Every thread on the cargo forum eventually has one or two people pop up to denigrate the contracts that have been signed by ACMI airlines in the last 4-5 years. Inevitably the poster will state something along the lines of, but your, insert pet contract peeve here, sucks and we at XYZ have it better. I get the whole patterned bargaining thing and I know a rising tide lifts all boats but these contracts were agreed to by 80% plus of the effected pilots. Obviously they would've wanted bigger gains but seem to be happy with what the have. A couple of the airlines are already starting to work towards the follow on contracts which will no doubt attempt to address perceived deficiencies.

Why don't those who don't work at these airlines stick to there own problems? It is apparent to anyone reading these boards that you have plenty. Stop fighting battles from 5 years ago and get on with the war at hand. Frankly it makes you look childish and petty. I don't pretend to know what is good for your pilot group, stop pretending that you know what is best for mine.
People are emotional creatures with long memories. We're not rational. The great thing about civilization and that we can generate some modestly rational results from emotional human beings.

I think of the mud-slinging here sort of like exhaust. There is some good information exchanged. The mechanism that exchanges good information puffs out invective noise as exhaust.

I'm as guilty of this as anyone.