Thread: DTW Base
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 05:59 AM
Balker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by HaleHortler View Post
Thank you, that helps out a lot.

Can anybody give some insight on trip length? My family hates 4 days, but I get the feeling thats most of the trips at spirit.

Appreciate all the replies. The next airline I go to will be my last so I want to get it right.
I don’t mean to be an a*hole but, your family “hates 4 day trips”? Doesn’t sound like your family is very supportive of your profession. 4 day trips are probably the most common type of schedule structure among the airlines. Allegiant could be a good fit if your goal is to avoid overnights.

As far as Spirit goes, in theory once you’re a line holder you could bid for 3 day trips but they’re usually less efficient. You could do one 3 day trip a week, and have 4 days off but it’s going to be reflected on your pay. 3 day trips pay between 13-17 hrs on average.

Living close to the airport would be your best shot. Otherwise consider adding the time, $$, and effort of having to do multiple trips to the airport for inefficient trips.

Bottom line: Spirit it’s a very flexible airline. If you can live happily with min. guarantee or less, you could have plenty of time off at home. Unfortunately I run into people that complain about not getting the trips and the time off they want, but are secretly trying to credit 100hrs a month. Catch my drift?

Best of luck