Thread: DTW Base
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 06:35 AM
Omniscient
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2019

Originally Posted by HaleHortler View Post
Thank you, that helps out a lot.

Can anybody give some insight on trip length? My family hates 4 days, but I get the feeling thats most of the trips at spirit.

Appreciate all the replies. The next airline I go to will be my last so I want to get it right.
No family likes Dad to be gone for 4 days. Have to look at it from a different angle.

PBS is going to build your schedule to a credit window. 4 day trips, although not fun, are going to usually be the best bang for the buck on credit/day average with the 3.5 rig either forcing block higher or soft time. Higher credit 4 days mean you hit the credit window sooner which means you stand a better chance at more days off.

I’ve done the 3 day trip route and what I found was I got many 3 day trips worth 16 hours. And I think “one more day on the road I could get a much higher credit value for the extra day. Many trips over 23 hours, so that 7+ extra hours for 1 more day of work, that’s how you hit the 16-17 day off lines vs the 14 day off lines with the 3 day trips.

So although the family doesn’t like Dad being gone for 4 day trips, he is home more days of the month.

In the end, this the airlines and you have zero seniority here. You will feed on scraps for a while. If you can’t accept that, as others suggested, Allegiant would be better and you can do day turns. But this is the job, pack a bag, kiss the family goodbye and see them in 3 days.

Last edited by Omniscient; 11-12-2019 at 07:18 AM.