Thread: DTW Base
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 06:54 AM
Balker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by omniscient View Post
no family likes dad to be gone for 4 days. Have to look at it from a different angle.

Pbs is going to build your schedule to a credit window. 4 day trips, although not fun, are going to usually be the best bang for the buck on credit/day average with the 3.5 rig either forcing block higher or soft time. Higher credit 4 days mean you hit the credit window sooner which means you stand a better chance at more days off.

I’ve done the 3 day trip route and what i found was i got many 3 day trips worth 16 hours. And i think “one more day on the road i could get a much higher credit value for the extra day. Many trips over 23 hours, so that 7+ extra hours for 1 more day of work, that’s how you hit the 16-17 day off lines vs the 14 day off lines with the 3 day trips.

So although the family doesn’t like dad being gone for 4 day trips, he is home more days of the month.

In the end, this the airlines and you have zero seniority here. You will feed on scraps for a while. If you can’t accept that, as others suggested, allegiant would be better and you can do day turns. But this is the job, pack and bag and kiss the family goodbye and see them in 3 days.
👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆