View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 07:04 AM
flyboy041
Banned

Joined APC: Aug 2019

Originally Posted by got2fly View Post
My sentiments exactly. I've got three years to go in Boeing world, but find myself looking forward to flying business jets in retirement. My situation is probably too good to walk away from until age 65, but I'll admit I don't get enough hand flying and takeoffs and landings doing 12 to 17 hour legs in the 777. I got in this business for the fun of flying, not for the money or to push buttons. To be honest, flying floats or tundra tires in Alaska sounds pretty good right now (but probably not a realistic retirement job). Yes, I can (and will) buy my own airplane and fly for fun, but there is just a limit to how much fun it is to fly without a purpose. MUCH of the joy of this job for me is that it IS a job. I have an important task to perform that requires me to be on my game and produce for my employer. That element gives the flying life meaning and purpose. Boring holes in the sky in a SE airplane just for fun can get old in a hurry.
You will have fun lugging bags and furnitures, clean the cabins, wipe down the tables and seats. Oh, don’t forget the toilet too! Lots fun fun fun for you to have.