Old 11-13-2019, 07:22 AM
Arazos
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2019
Default Economics major looking to become a pilot

Hey thanks in advance for the help! Currently in school going to get a BS in Economics will be done by 2021. However I want to go to flight school after to become a commercial pilot. As a means of getting there I am thinking about joining the Air Force reserves and using the GI bill to help cover some of it and the rest by taking out a loan / family help. I am looking at some schools that seem really good like Blue Line Aviation in NC or Lift Academy in IN. I'm from VA. Not looking to go to ATP heard a lot of bad stuff about them. I flew a little bit in High School in a 152 and loved it and my grandfather flew as well he was a big influence on me to fly. I believe it is an amazing time to join with the shortage starting up and bonuses increasing as well. I know Republic Airways are giving out 20K FO bonuses and that could also help pay off the loan. I've looked into the military but I don't want to do an 8-12 year contract with them and only get paid around 100k a year. I would rather do commercial because by year 12 its more in the 200k. Yes and No I'm flying because of the money but also because I love to fly. I think I want to just get through training now and not have to pay as I go I don't want to spend 4-6 years getting requirements more like 1-3 years for me. If you have any questions or advice that would be super awesome thanks.

PS I did not spell check so don't hate me