Old 11-14-2019, 05:10 PM
Bahamasflyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017

Originally Posted by AirBear View Post
Years ago NetJets had a Captain accused of sex crimes against a 16yr old babysitter he and his wife had hired. NJA put him on admin duty for almost 2 years until the case went to trial.

The allegations were totally bogus, the jury wasn't allowed to hear that the girl was a prostitute with a website advertising her services. The Captain had a prominent deformity on his genitals and his defense lawyer did a "gotcha" when the girl could not describe it when she could not have missed it had he done the things she claimed. He had to have pictures taken of that and put into evidence, very humiliating. And of course he used a top notch lawyer that cost him $200K. But he was cleared of all charges and went back to work. I'm impressed that NJA kept him on the payroll.

I think at a unionized airline they'd have to do something similar or reinstate and make the pilot whole once cleared. I don't see how an arbitrator could find otherwise.
God that’s awful. I sure as heck hope they criminally charged that woman for falsely accusing him and sent her away for a good period of time.

I agree with what you claim about what an arbitrator would be practically forced to do. That’s why we have a court system to begin with and a big reason why we fought a bloody long drawn out war almost 250 years ago for.

Sorry but it should be illegal to be terminated from work until CONVICTED of a crime, not accused, especially in this messed up “me too” era