View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 04:09 AM
captande
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017

Originally Posted by Jdj10 View Post
I feel that there is writing on the wall that shows us that increased flow is upon us. They have been hiring like crazy and we are now well over 2,000 pilots. We don’t need that many pilots. Why else would they overstaff, and why are they still hiring strong? 2 scenarios I can’t think of. Anticipated growth (DFW? &#128512, or anticipated need to staff AA. The method by which these things occur may surprise us. All I can say, is it’s going to be interesting the next few years, and exciting as well I believe for all of us working at the regional level right now.
*chanting from the back*
Staple, staple staple

One can dream

Originally Posted by deadstick35 View Post
The quickest way to AA, or any mainline job, is not through the respective wholly-owned regional. When AA hires/flows one PSA CA, 3 training events are generated on the AA books — new-hire FO initial at AA, CA upgrade at PSA, and new-hire initial FO at PSA. They’d much rather poach pilots from another airline’s W/O and put them in a staffing/training bind.
RI has said the opposite many times in public forums. As well as the shift toward, and discussion of AA classes being 50/50 flow and military. So unless you know someone it’ll all be about the same time. You’ll either flow at X years or get picked up just beforehand.