Thread: AA Class Drops
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 08:22 AM
Name User
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Originally Posted by diva View Post
Thanks for the insight.

That explains why the latest trend of the E190 in PHL has been going so senior in the last few New Hire classes.

Someone mentioned earlier the E190 in PHL is a hidden gem the latest New Hires are just starting to discover as overall a pretty Good Deal with a lot of movement creating getting good schedules much faster, get to spend more nights at home with the family, for commuting purposes you Only have to worry about flying in&out of one (1) airport (PHL) vs being ping-ponged between three (3) airports in New York (LGA/EWR/JFK), not to mention all the other factors someone mentioned earlier Filty Crash Pad areas, Cost of transportation, 2-3 hr train/bus rides between airports, constant traffic, city congestion, $100 Uber rides, Noisy, Stressful commutes due to the structure of the terminals & possibly ending in EWR/JFK when you commute flight is out of LGA missing your flight or having to shuttle to a different Terminal etc.

I’m not going to lie, personally to me, all the moving parts involved in Commuting, not sure if you’ll make it/missing your flight to/from work due to traffic, delays, terminal swaps, shuttles running late etc is way more stressful than any of the actual flying.

Commuting is never fun and quite stressful in itself, but if I was given a choice I’d rather choose a less stressful commute than adding unnecessary stress to my life.

Wish people had told me this before I started. Sometimes we just have to learn the hard way.
The hardest part of this job is getting to work.

PHL has always been recommended on here. Lots of good info. From a commuter standpoint PHL is kinda the gold standard except for that whole weather thing which tends to make the hub go nuclear.