View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 10:18 AM
thefauxfox
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2019

Originally Posted by saxman66 View Post
Getting out of MCO is impossible on any airline so I feel you there. With your trip to Tokyo, you really won't know which hub you should fly out of until a few days prior, so checking now won't do much good. So be prepared to get to any hub from ATL if taking United to Tokyo. That said, know all the flights into Japan. United has a flight from HNL to NRT and through GUM. So look at every city in Japan. Since they have a fabulous rail system, you can connect to anywhere once you get there. Don't forget to check both airports in Tokyo too, HND and NRT.
I’ve been checking both HND and NRT. Was wondering if HND flights tend to be fully as they’re closer to the city... so the way my flight benefits work is I have to have TSA reserve flight numbers for me, so basically I have to manually do each leg, so I will know ahead of time... so if UA1234 leaves ATL at 10:00 arrives ORD at 12:00 and UA4321 leaves ORD at 1:30 and arrives NRT later I’d have to book two legs, not one continuous journey... Kinda screwy. On that note it looks like ORD has the most daily flights to Japan and the most connections from ATL so I’ll probably try to catch the 5:30am out of ATL and the 10:30 from ORD...

Anyways I’m glad to hear that with Orlando lol... that experience was definitely discouraging 😂 thanks again!!!