Thread: Sun Country
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 09:38 AM
Starchkr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018

It sure sounded clear to me in the last call that management is very much aware that although attrition has been lower than forecast recently they know that attrition will be a formidable problem going forward.

It’s refreshing to hear them acknowledge that and hear them say they know they need to do something. At this point they have basically said that they will reach out to more people through various recruiting tactics to bring in more pilots. They raised first year pay and are offering hotels for training. That’s significant. There were some things said that indicate that they know they need to do something that will make this a place to stay. There’s no doubt these new management folks were brought in for change. They sound motivated to me.

That said, at the current time work rules and compensation are way behind the power curve. Reserve rules here are barbaric and can only really be sustainably worked for a long period of time if you live in the twin cities. If you have a family or SO and you think commuting to this schedule will work, think again. Any self preserving person who does not live in the twin cities would steer well clear.

They need to do something big and they need to do something ASAP if they really want this airline to grow. I think many of us here are cautiously optimistic that there are some strong leaders taking a hard look at what it will take to make this happen but until tangible evidence of change starts to materialize the bleeding won’t stop.