Thread: Hiring Pool
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 03:15 AM
DirtyPurple
Not a real airline pilot

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Position: Cargo > Pax

Originally Posted by abides View Post
I know many of you wanted the unfettered opinions of random ex-regional pilots on what proportion of individual demographics want a pilot job at FX. With those successfully aired, I think that horse is dead. Let’s show it some mercy.

Love your phrasing here. And I’m guilty of contributing to that derailment. My apologies.

I have a Sep interview/hire buddy in the pool. Although I have no direct line to decision makers in HR, after a few years of observing the system bid cycle, it doesn’t seem realistic that hiring will begin anew until after our 2020 system bid closes. More than likely in the spring, of the last few cycles are any indicator.

We never know exactly when the company will offer a system bid. It’s certainly a negative QoL aspect of FDX life WRT life planning around when we will go to training/upgrade. BUT...it’s also the reason why the company is able to hire into all potential seats.

I was hired directly into WB FO. So on one hand I’d like some more company transparency WRT system bids / bidding for training, I’d be complaining from the lofty WB FO perch. Doesn’t make sense.