Thread: "Aviate"?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 07:15 PM
Blackhawk
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005

Originally Posted by afterburn81 View Post
Quoted from the Aviate prep packet -

“ You may also consider seeking out coaches who offer shortcuts to success on these inventories. Our experience suggests that candidates do not benefit from this coaching”

“The interviewers want to get to know you. Candidates who come over-prepared with scripted answers are generally less successful in the panel interview. It’s also important to remember that interviewers are trained to detect stories that are provided by third-party coaches or supposed experts, so resist the temptation to rely on these sources for guidance. Your best chance of success is to be authentic and truthful!”

Read that as, just be yourself. If you need a coach, you’re not yourself.

I’ve already done the prep with emerald coast. Had I not, I probably would have steered clear prior.
I did an interview prep with Emerald Coast.
They did not give me answers or stories. They emphasized that I needed to be authentic and truthful.
What they did was helped me think of stories for different HR questions that were mine and genuine and help me refine those answers. How to put my response in the correct format. Trip falls to avoid. How to condense my “tell me about yourself” story. Practice on how to interact on an interview.
Would I have made it without their help? Maybe. But I’m glad I spent the money on their help.