Thread: Vacancy 20-04V
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 12:11 PM
MasterOfPuppets
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: 787

Originally Posted by duvie View Post
As a commuter, it is not very desirable. The junior trips and/or reserve stuff probably have at least one non-commutable end of the trip. As a local with some seniority, I loved the right seat on that fleet. I usually showed in the late afternoon and flew 12 hour two days. Basically only away from home seven days/nights a month, with an 84 hour line on a really great airplane.

I personally had done enough of the multi leg days with layovers strewn about the country. I was happy to read books and work out in nice hotels and not have to think very hard about operational stuff. You end up getting to know most of the guys you fly with, meet at the airplane more often than not and the looking over the paperwork goes something like: “No gotchas on the MEL or NOTAMs, route is good, plenty of gas. Looks like we’re going to Boston again”

I know it definitely does not work for everyone, but just wanted to offer a counterpoint to the usual “756 SFO sucks.”
Yeah I answered the question as a commuter......if I lived in SFO then 2 day trips would be perfect. Living in base I want high time day trips followed by high time 2 days and the 756 has that.