View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 09:03 AM
METO Guido
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011

Originally Posted by DanMarino View Post
How would this help when the issue is not executing a visual approach to touchdown?
It wouldn't.

I'm going to make some theoretical assumptions for the sake of discussion and my own curiosity. I'm an initial, rating ride candidate who passed the AQP maneuvers validation yesterday. Today my sim training will be complete with a satisfactory line evaluation in real time. I'm pilot flying for this event. I have zero previous experience in jet, line operations. This is also my first exposure to e-flight bags on iPad. The flight plan is to an unfamiliar field and after dealing with a generator failure en route, we're advised to expect a charted visual to a lengthy runway. Field weather is above that required. After two attempts, I'm still unable to perform a stable approach to landing within the touchdown zone. So I state intentions to divert for a now min fuel alternate. Under what circumstances/guidance could that be considered a ride pass?

To the OP. Your notice of disapproval should indicate area(s) to be reexamined. Obtain a copy of all your training records. In this business, documentation rules. Go over everything available, good & bad, with someone who has relevant experience. Compose a narrative. Be real but provide credit for how you'd successfully proven yourself just to get that far and where you believe it unraveled. Pick up the pieces from there, from the perspective of the 'man in the chair.' The lady or guy who can green light a shot at your next paycheck. Would I hire me? Many have tripped along the road. For most of us, that wasn't anywhere close to an end.