View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 09:49 AM
notEnuf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: stake holder ir.delta.com

Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
You mentioned there will be no way the company can handle upcoming training requirements but this could be a powerful tool for the company in that regard. The training bypass is one way for the company to greatly minimize the churn. I have no idea how many training events these bypass eliminate but I am sure it’s a lot.

Could this be one of the ways the company plans on handling the massive training requirements that are forthcoming?

For that matter why not just codify this in the PWA as a win-win for both the company and the Pilots? Let’s say for instance any Pilot within three years of mandatory retirement is pay protected on anything they can hold but they are locked on their current equipment for those three years.

This could greatly minimize training for the company and boost Pilot wages for many Pilots in their final years. I am not sure if the company would go for it since they can pick and choose exactly who they bypass anyway but my guess is it will probably be pretty close to how they actually navigate this issue in any case.

Just a couple of things to think about.

Scoop
I think this is about the same as where the bypasses will be but would take a lot of the guess work out. My only thought is the folks not bypassed would then have to bid a higher category. Say you want 7ERA for whatever reason but because someone by passed is occupying that slot, it might not be eligible and you would have to go to 330A. Not sure how this would all play out with the training cascade, but it would definitely get more pilots paid the top rate. As long as seniority is honored it would be fine. On second thought maybe we should all pay a relatively junior but old (close to retirement) pilot to bid A350A and then no one else above him bid A350A. If they want to bypass him they would pay us all.