View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 08:10 AM
SaltyDog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Leftof longitudinal

Originally Posted by Pilot553 View Post
.... I believe it comes down to how important it is to achieve a childhood dream of mine, and at what cost.
Your 31, late in any era generally to commence this childhood dream. Get commencing! Secondly, financially, are we talking childhood dreams? When your retired in your 70's, the dollar difference will not be your concern or issue. All that can be mitigated enroute.

Don't act now, you will realize you chose unknown dollars over your childhood dream and regret it. I haven't succeeded at everything I tried, but I have no regrets either. A great place to live my life.

As pointed out, USERRA protects your service. Training and all those training years are exempt. Have a few pilots out for 7-9+ years for military who are not trying to take advantage of airline or military. (they lose money in the money column but are living financially comfortably)

Take the legacy job in 2 months, will take awhile to get the waivers, unit, etc and may have your probationary year done anyway before leaving for training. When you come back, your pay rate will be USERRA benchmark as if you never left. Your seat will be determined by your seniority (as if you never left). So you essentially pick up where your new hire classmates are at in their career at legacy airline. the bucks in between? You will have enough to live and make it happen. If single, easy. If family, make sure the important people are with you. Best journeys!