View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 07:53 PM
TonyWilliams
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Self employed
Thumbs up Weight Restricted SkyWest RJ's out of SAN to SLC

Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
I used to commute from SAN to SLC also and it was tough. The crews for Skywest were great and would always go out of their way to accommodate me but the gate agents were hit or miss. The problems were – you couldn’t reserve the jumpseat and even if there were seats you could be weight restricted. Even then some pilots would make it work if you could penetrate the bureaucracy and talk to them. Maybe this wouldn’t be a factor on the shorter Reno flight – perhaps some of the Skywest guys could help you out on that one.

I also commute SAN to SLC, on both Delta and SkyWest. I've never had anybody tell me in the past year that an RJ was weight restricted, but apparently this has become a problem with gate agents telling non-revs that, including our own pilots.

I have NO IDEA how they determine this, but believe me, if the seat is on the plane, the SkyWest crew will get you on.

Our company jumpseat coordinator is aware of this issue, and when this happens, we're supposed to notify him so that we can get this stopped.

If they tell you at the gate the "weight restricted" line, first ask them if a seat is physically unoccupied. Then ask to speak to the captain. We need to get this fixed.