View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 04:53 PM
DontLookDown
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Originally Posted by tonsterboy5 View Post
It most likely is gonna get cancelled with the new aviate program.
This is the latest email they’re sending out:

Hello,

Thank you for your application to Air Wisconsin’s Airman Trainee Program. Currently, we are not enrolling any new airmen trainees into the program as we work with United Airlines to optimize our new Aviate program.

We are still viewing Airman Trainee candidates and will keep you in the interview pool once we restart our interview sessions. Once interview
sessions are schedule, we will reach out to you via email to notify you.

...I’m not expecting to get an interview anytime soon. It sucks because I liked the concept of the program. I have a feeling that they’re going to evaluate how Aviate works out as a marketing tool. If they get flooded with applications in the next few months from candidates applying as a direct result of Aviate I could see airman trainee going away. If Aviate is a marketing flop maybe they’ll go back to Airman Trainee or come up with the next big thing. By that point I’ll be at ATP minimums so it won’t matter.

For me personally I’d prefer Airman Trainee as a marketing gimmick. Getting flight benefits sooner and a mentor to help you prepare for training is great. Getting the chance to apply for United is something you can do no matter what airline you work for. From what I’m reading on these forums the success rate of Aviate candidates is only slightly better then that of off the street applicants. It’s still a good program if you were planning on going to Air Wis anyways, but it wouldn’t be a selling factor for me