View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 05:33 PM
Turbine1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Captain

AAWW is as bad (and worse) to its Pilots as people are trying to tell you. No trip/line ownership, no line hour pay protection for cancellations ....basically 62 hours guarantee every month, and 20 days away from home.

Thanks for the type rating and Oceanic / International experience line on my resume. I would have stayed for LEADING pay and work rules.
A 747/767/777 crew can be tasked to operate to one of 400+ airports in 82 countries with only 10 hrs notice at AAWH. For that level of responsibility a maxed out 12yr 747 Captain will gross 160K a year. All other seats will earn much less. To make more than that one must work on their 11 days off a month. No schedule control or regard for seniority. No retirement or LTD. If you die or get seriously hurt on the job the company will sue your family to recover any money paid to them or outright deny benefits. The most punitive sick policy in the industry...etc etc.

No improvements on even the long term horizon and 10 to 20 yr pilots are resigning now having realized our execs will bankrupt the company before they give a penny more for their pilots. New hire classes are still full which allows AAWH to maintain around 2150 pilots and continue to tread water. Apparently many out there believe it's logical to work at AAWH over going to any other airline and making more as a 2nd yr FO than our senior Captains. I've stopped trying to figure that out, I'm too busy working on my exit plan after well over a decade here.

Nothing is going to change until upper management is entirely removed by the shareholders or classes become empty.

Last edited by Turbine1; 11-27-2019 at 05:58 PM.