View Single Post
Old 11-28-2019, 07:36 AM
lear 31 pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Left

Originally Posted by boeingdvr View Post
That’s funny. I can count on one hand how many people I’ve flown with over the last 4 years that don’t VX- everyone is doing it.

Bottom line- VX doesn’t do anything. The company opted for parking airplanes, and not bidding on future flying over paying the pilots more.

You can argue all day long the VX’ers are saving the airline, but it’s simply not sure.

Mgmt would of simply shed more flying. When I walked into NH training the union said the VX pay is one of the best in the industry- ( 11 hours a day )

Mgmt opted for millions in NH training cost, poor moral, AMC flying taken away, Amazon flying taken away, future business not being given, 777’s parked, lost bonuses to senior mgmt, billions lost in stock value, etc etc- ALL OVER PAYING YOU MORE... they would rather shed the airline than pay you more.

So- yes- I will VX and credit 150 a month to collect every dime I can while look for other employment...
Funny, in my 2 plus years I was at Atlas I never did one hr extra work for them. I was too exhausted after 17 days to lift a finger for them. Thankfully I was able to pull the parachute and bail.