View Single Post
Old 11-28-2019, 08:45 AM
Globemaster2827
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by tonsterboy5 View Post
I’m reading this with a blown mind, you are telling people to go anywhere else cause they can make more as a second year FO than your senior captains. You are then saying you have been here for 10 years. Judging by the fact you have been at atlas for 10 years I’m sure you realize that the high paying majors don’t call everyone that applies and for some Atlas is a better option than a regional. It is this reason that people give atlas a chance, it is still seen as a step up over some regionals and not everyone gets a call at a major. If they did I’m sure you would be at one.
Leaving Atlas to go to a Regional is a step down. If you're at a Regional your long term goal probably isn't to work at Atlas or a Regional. It's to get to one of the Big 5 or Southwest...

It may make sense to leave a Regional to go to Atlas to add something to your resume, but if you lack 1000 PIC when you walk in the door at Atlas it will destroy your career. You'll be swinging gear at FedEx for someone who's graduating high school in 2020 if you do that.

There are people stuck at Atlas because they're too old for it to make sense to leave or they just can't get out. Maybe they've got something on their resume that keeps them at Atlas or their resume isn't there yet. Keep in mind that management at Atlas has a saying that "A trapped pilot is a loyal pilot."