View Single Post
Old 11-29-2019, 03:47 PM
Powderkeg
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
Those numbers make more sense to me for the long term plan than 50 new hires per month. 250 new hires per year over the next 6 years adds 1500 total. That averages out to just under 21 per month. So half of that for Upgrades? Of course, more would have to be added for attrition. They would line up better with the fleet growth plans. As a poolie, I'd rather see more new hires and upgrades! The wait for a class date is not that fun.
Don’t get hung up on the “per month” forecasts. Our hiring and upgrades have always been paced off what’s happening TODAY and not what’s happening in the FUTURE. Based on the number of deliveries, the staffing and training needs over the summer, etc. The 50/month number is for the first part of the year. My guess is after May we won’t see a class (new hire or upgrade) for several months...fair warning to those that get CJO’s in April or May.

I’m not in the know but my guess is this most recent, random vacancy that doesn’t coincide with a new hire class is meant to staff a couple unplanned airplane deliveries i.e. Thomas Cook acquisitions. Then I would expect January-May 45-50 new hires and 24-ish upgrades. After that a drought lasting until fall.