Thread: 2 jobs in 6 months (one quit one fired)

captande , 11-30-2019 10:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off
captande
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Dec 2017
Quote: Unless you know something I don't I am assuming so. At least until I can show I can keep a job longer than 3 months and a lot depends on what my last company is going to say for a reference.

All kidding aside about regionals only requiring a pulse these days, they do still have standards and while I don't have any accidents or enforcement actions, 2 jobs in 6 months is going to likely be a pass for the time being regardless of the reason.

I even applied to a couple of Alaska 135 jobs who I had good contacts at that went dark after they talked with my last employer. One of which worked with one of my references and they had a great conversation during my reference and all looked good up until they called my last employer then nothing, no response to calls or emails.
I wouldn’t worry about crossing the barrier until it’s presented. Polish the apps and throw them out to the regionals. Prepare yourself to spin it as a learning experience for yourself and don’t place blame. For example with the first company you left. You were paired up with someone who made it difficult for you to do your job safely, you brought it to the company and the only options you had was leave or keep flying with him, so you took the safer route for yourself and your certs. The second you just had an emergency, the adrenaline was flowing and you made an off the cuff remark to your FO that was unfortunately overheard. The worst came of it and the company decided to part ways. What did you learn, how will you be better next time. Things like that show the people doing the interviews you’re not going to just be a money pit in training if they give you a chance.