View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 10:50 AM
Al Czervik
You scratched my anchor

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Originally Posted by aa73 View Post
“QOL is better at the regionals than at AA.”

This is the most overused, laughable, and fictitious statement I’ve ever heard around here. And it’s complete and utter BS, usually uttered predominantly by miserable pilots who complain about everything AA and how much better it was at their previous airline.

Talk to most ex regional guys and ask them this question, you’ll usually get a laugh and a head shake in amazement.

Sure there were maybe ONE or TWO contractual items that were better at the regionals, simply due to the lower paying nature of the regionals and the necessity to have a couple of items to compensate for that.

Yes our contract needs reworking to bring up the sub standard stuff to DL/UA. It will come. But to say that QOL as a whole is better there than here is LAUGHABLE. Yeah, I’m sure there are tons of regional captains out there flying 3 day trips with a maximum of one or two legs per day, getting 15:45 for the trip at $278/hr with the 16% 401k contribution and 83hrs for the month with 16-17 days off.

Side note, I can’t help but notice the hordes of pilots leaving AA to go to the regionals for the massively better QOL, lol.
I believe comments like this are part of the problem. The JOB is better at AA than the regionals. A lot of the work RULES are not. UAL and DL are so far ahead of us. Do you think anyone else stays at stays at places like SJD, BDL, SMF, SFO golden gate or the Atrium? We need an educated pilot group. Profit sharing, LTD, QWL, TTOT, TTS, hotel language, RO, RA... the list goes on.