Thread: FlyExclusive
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 12:47 PM
Amphibian
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Gulfstream Pilot

First, Thank You for your service to our country.

ISO Base: Most all of our trips start from airports where planes are located. Very few trips originate from ISO, with the exception of occasional RTS after maintenance/Doc inspections there. flyExclusive has a floating fleet w/ home basing for pilots. We really don’t spend much time at the ISO operations center.

Reserve: Occasionally, a crew member will be assigned “At home on Standby” for part or their entire rotation (Not on days off between rotations). In this case, the pilot would be home and can be called out on a few hours notice for travel to crew a plane. An example of cause for an “At home on standby” assignment is other crew member is sick, so pilot assigned at home on standby has no one to fly with and it’s pointless to send them to a plane.

Other duties: Short answer-Everything that needs to be done. We do everything including; greet & brief passengers, load bags, plan flights, check weather, verify and load catering on plane, restock snacks/beverages, complete post flight interior cleaning, list goes on & on.

Bottom line is we are delivering a high-end product to high-end clientele and we often have to step outside the job description of Pilot.

Originally Posted by soflguy View Post
Hey all,
I’m a previous F-15E, current F-15C guy who is applying to FE. Despite teaching at GSB for almost 4 years, I only just found about FE the other week... nevertheless. I have a couple of questions about FE lifestyle if y’all don’t mind pitching in to provide a few answers.
Do most of your trips start at ISO or do you travel to where the planes currently are? Also I saw some info on the website about reserve. Do you sit a lot of reserve, and If you do, is that in the ISO area? Lastly, as the pilot, what other duties do you fill during the flight (baggage handler, weather guy, etc)? It doesn’t really matter much to me, but it would be nice to go into any potential interviews with a bit of an expectation of what the life might be like. Thanks.