View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 07:25 AM
JoeyMeatballs
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: A-320

Originally Posted by The Juice View Post
Wow, nice rant Saab.

Nobody excepted those low Q rates. Most of CA's on them are check guys and guys who just wanted the type, when they leave there are not many line guys who will fly it for that pay. It is the pay why we are still 80 FOs short on the Q because the pay is bad.

I will not argue the pay can be better, it is a few bucks lower than other Saab carriers and maybe a union contract will help that. And I do believe we will have union rep next year, and I am not talking about the CPG which is just an attempt by mgt to please the pilots.

The thing is Saab, you need to decide what issue you are going to fight. Is it the low pay the guys are taking on the Q or that airplanes like the Q (70+ seat) are bad for regionals as a whole? Because you see if your issue is with the Q's capacity then the pay should not be an issue, the issue should be with all operators of 70+ seat aircraft which fly mainline routes. Go after every Q, 170, 175, 700, 900, and soon the 1000 operator out there because that is the real problem. It does not matter if a CA makes 56 on the Q or 66 on the 170...both planes are bad for regional pilots.

The Saab is one of the last planes that continue to fly true regional routes, or as you put it "flying to the same six airports." Colgan is keeping it a Regional, not a E-175 "regional" which has 4 day trips which start on the west coast and end on the east all the while flying mainline routes....that should be your issue...GET IT!!

Why is it you XJET guys have such issues with everyone and everything, that you are just so better than others. Do you really feel that CJC and CHQ are at fault for your airlines problems right now? The thing is you never hear any guy from CHQ, Comair, Piedmont, PSA, ASA, or anyone else have such a "holier than now" attitude that you are so much better that everyone else.

Really need to get over yourself.

Slightly uncalled for, again I wasn't bashing you personally, I don't think I am better then anyone, I do however think that CJC should strive to have the same type of contract that we have. I don't "blame" anyone for our loss of flying, besides it was never "our" flying. It is CAL's flying and they can do whatever they want.................