View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 07:47 AM
HercDriver130
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 744 CA

FACT -- Mainline does not in most cases want to fly 70-100 aircraft, yes their are exceptions but very few.

FACT -- the size of mainline aircraft in general has been rising for DECADES

FACT -- the size of so called "regional/jet" carriers aircraft has been rising for at least 20 years

FACT -- EVERY small jet carrier out there... SKW, XJT, AWAC, RAH, AE, Horizon, ASA, COMAIR....whoever...they all have pilots on their respective senority lists that have NO intention of ever leaving their company and I suspect the number is higher than many would admit or care to believe.

THUS -- moving forward the small jet carriers pilot groups MUST take into account that wages moving forward need to attract pilots on a sustainable level. The thought can not be that small jet carriers are only a stepping stone to mainline type carriers, that is a disservice to those who choose to play at this level. On the other hand Mainline groups should not be giving away the farm. I see scope increasing at least one more "notch" over the next few years...certainly there will be a limit, but I dont think we have seen it yet.