View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 08:12 AM
Jamers
Gets Off to Weekends

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by Andym037 View Post
I just don't understand these Colganites. Why would anyone want to work for them when everyone else is hiring? Their pay scales for the Q400 (which should be mainline equipment imho), are terrible... even shameful. Colgan, along with Mesa lowers the bar for everyone. I have several friends who flew there, and I've flow with a number of Colgan refugees here, and I don't think I've ever heard a positive thing about them.

Notice everyone that comes on here akxing about colgan does so because we have a base where they want to be. That's kind of your answer, a lot of people are just unwilling to move out of their familiar region to get a better job somewhere else. But, this is ok, there is a certain value to being able to spend more time with your family in your own home. We've all said it before, Colgan works for some, and doesn't work for others.

I do agree that we need to be paid more. I am predicting that a union will be here next vote because we are aquiring alot of ex ALPA guys in our street captain program. Also because we lost by a few votes from people that were just too lazy to vote. A crappy excuse I know.