Old 12-03-2019, 09:18 AM
PurpleToolBox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by ROBsINtheHOOD View Post
Shame that freight pilots are monetized this way. This should be exhibit # 1 in the deconstruction of the RLA and associated biased regulatory framework that are tantamount to human rights abuses of pilots employed with cargo airlines. Why this is tolerated is beyond me. This is blatant corruption of the rules to benefit operators at the expense of safety. We should all expect more from the nation that discovered flight , put men on the moon and purports to be the leading aviation safety regulator on the planet. Far from it. Get you act together before you are supplanted. By who you ask ? Well , with corrupt , unfair and archaic rules like this ? Anybody.
Monetized? I think UPS and FedEx corporations who are against the changes have a valid point. Cargo schedules are different and cargo pilots block a lot less than our passenger brothers. And for folks flying long haul, cargo pilots have *much* longer layovers than passenger pilots.

When I was flying domestic, I blocked 1/5th the hours of my friend at Delta Air Lines and I worked less days per month. However, I also flew night hub turns which if you don't handle them properly are a kick in the nuts. FedEx does a very good job of ensuring we get hotel rooms or a private sleep room during our night sorts. Passenger airlines don't do that.

The elephant in the room is COMMUTING.

"Several company and industry officials said the rules must also account for pilot commuting."

They are going to go after commuting and when they do the passenger airline job is going to change dramatically for the worse. Be careful what you ask for.