View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 02:10 PM
MudPupppy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007

Originally Posted by CubCAPTAIN View Post
That's pretty funny. Ask any mainline pilot what is ruining the profession and they will tell you that RJs have ruined it, not turboprops. For every two or three RJs there used to be a DC-9 or a 737. Most of the mainline guys were turboprop pilots. That's probably why when I jumpseat on USAirways, that treat me great when they learn i fly a Saab, like they did back in the day. USAirways captains from the airport I learned at advised me from the beginning to not to become "one of those RJ pukes." About the union, it seems that United and Usairways pilots are trying to get rid of ALPA because they suck. As for your comment about our union vote and you putting us on the list behind MESA, last time I checked MESA is ALPA, and Mesa sucks. These things lead me to conclude that ALPA sucks. DMEarc is a Saab captain and has nothing to do with the Q400, so why can't you be happy for him? I don't think his 40 minute Saab legs are taking away any of your flying. Maybe if you make up and be nice to him, he will write you a letter of recommendation when you are qualified to apply to Continental in another 8 years.
The Q can be considered a danger just like the RJ. Bombardier is considering a 100 seat version of the Dash 8.

Cub,

have you taken the time to learn WHY Mesa is ALPA yet has the contract they do?