View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 02:20 PM
JoeyMeatballs
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: A-320

Originally Posted by CubCAPTAIN View Post
That's pretty funny. Ask any mainline pilot what is ruining the profession and they will tell you that RJs have ruined it, not turboprops. For every two or three RJs there used to be a DC-9 or a 737. Most of the mainline guys were turboprop pilots. That's probably why when I jumpseat on USAirways, that treat me great when they learn i fly a Saab, like they did back in the day. USAirways captains from the airport I learned at advised me from the beginning to not to become "one of those RJ pukes." About the union, it seems that United and Usairways pilots are trying to get rid of ALPA because they suck. As for your comment about our union vote and you putting us on the list behind MESA, last time I checked MESA is ALPA, and Mesa sucks. These things lead me to conclude that ALPA sucks. DMEarc is a Saab captain and has nothing to do with the Q400, so why can't you be happy for him? I don't think his 40 minute Saab legs are taking away any of your flying. Maybe if you make up and be nice to him, he will write you a letter of recommendation when you are qualified to apply to Continental in another 8 years.

This is exactly what I mean.........................get a grip, oh and I already meet the mins at CAL, what some of you at Colgan don't understand is that it isnt the PIC that opens most doors, I would rather know the guys I know in the union and know the people I know in the union then be a SAAB CA for 43/hr...................

Last time I jumpseated on a US Airways airplane the CA had no idea who Colgan was..........believe me they don't care about you or anybody below them. Also I am not saying I agree with what went down with the AWA/USAIR guys, but if they folded, they wouldnt be on any seniority list

the 40 minute SAAB legs may not be taking away mainline flying, but the Q's sure are. Look bottom line is any addition flying that an airline farms out to any regional is not really good news.............

Last edited by JoeyMeatballs; 01-05-2008 at 02:26 PM.