View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 10:01 AM
OKLATEX
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: B767 FO

Originally Posted by thrust View Post
Saw a picture recently of a 737 painted in FedEx colors. I take it that’s one of the ASL/West Atlantic ones you’re referring to. Surprised that your scope allows that- Delta mgmt tried to sneak into their last contract a provision that would allow them to paint the Delta livery on their JV “partners”... think a Delta 787/A380 with a tiny “operated by AirFrance/KLM” on the side. What are the limits on FedEx doing the same?
Back in the day Delta used to fly Pan Am colored DC-8s on an interchange with Pan American, so it’s been done! I know different world we are living in.

I’ll be honest, I haven’t checked the routes of those the 737s and assume the Union keeps a close eye on compliance. Our SCOPE is very good. Of course always could be better.

Personally, I wish the flying was ours, we do have the Cologne Domicile and would be nice to see that grow. That being said, the fact the airplanes wear FDX colors doesn’t really concern me. What I do hope is that I hope the Union is assuring SCOPE compliance and there is a good faith effort by the company to get the flying back to us. They tend to prefer the flying to be in-house. If painting the airplanes in FDX helps with marketing and benefits the company in Europe, so be it. What’s the difference between a 737 wearing FDX colors and an EMB-175 wearing DAL/AA/UAL colors honestly. Bottom line, Compliance is the biggest concern to me.

That being said, and most importantly, in this instance, those 737s at ASL, West Atlantic, and the Morning Star 757s in Canada fly for us wearing FDX colors because of a lack of 5th Freedom Rights/Route Authority and Cabotage which is allowed in our Contract.

We actually train the Morning Star Crews, or at least used to. The 737s are result of the TNT Merger, the Intra-Canada flying with Morning Star has gone on for a long time, prior to that they flew 727s.

Last edited by OKLATEX; 12-08-2019 at 10:32 AM.