View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 03:31 PM
flyguyniner11
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by newarkblows View Post
the juice: its nice your in denial but wake up. look at the future in front of you. if you want to move onto that major with your quick pic time and not get furloughed you guys have to stand up and fight for better treatment. working for colgan flying 70 seat aircraft without strong work rules and for your horrible pay is inexcusable. if your happy with that then you should be ashamed to be a pilot. some of us are actually trying to make a living while enjoying our families. this inst a hobby.

and i call complete and utter BS on dmearc's supposed pay as a first yr fo and CA . no way were you home every night and getting that much at colgan. you might have busted your ass and flown 100 hrs a month and pulled a bunch of tricks to make that much but that is far from the norm and you weren't home every night. i made 33 at express first yr and a first yr at colgan made 23 mostly because he didn't get any per diem and didnt have a strong contract. he worked about the same hours wise as me and was home practically the same as me. he was on the saab.

dmearc is also the wet dream of every pilot. what happened to him is rare and he probably knew the right people to get into CAL. CAL is known for its nepotism so i am really not suprised. congrats you got lucky or knew the right person.

if living in base is your excuse for supporting such a horrible company then you should do your homework. better companies are hiring where you can very easily commute, make more money, have the same days off at colgan even with the commute, and only extend your upgrade a couple of months. Republic is one of those companies. living in base is no excuse. i will make a blanket statement: you dont know enough about this industry if your going to work for colgan.

i am dieing to hear a better defense besides saying that i am "my airline is better then yours" mongering or i get to stay home every night. I am not saying that my airline is better but i am saying that almost every other regional is much better than colgan. Colgan is a crappy company that is bringing this industry down and our profession. Defending it is selfish or stupid depending on your motive. YOu should be ashamed at working there for those pay rates on the Q. somebody want to make a coherent defense? or just want to make personal attacks? all i am hearing are a bunch of people out for themselves at the expense of their profession.
just curious what your experiance with colgan is, what makes you the authority on colgan, see i could say mesa sucks but i really dont know all i know is what people say on this silly forum so i have no authority to say anything and if you dont have any direct experiance with colgan currently i dont think you should be commenting