View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 04:35 PM
DMEarc
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: 737 Left

Originally Posted by iahflyr View Post
Congratulations. You earned all that on the backs of your fellow pilots. You must feel proud. You will feel right at home with some of those old timers at CAL.

Colgan needs to vote in a union. That Q pay is horrific.
If Colgan does not vote in a union next time around, they are right on my list with Gojet and behind, yes behind Mesa.
You seem to be quite new in this industry, so let me educate you!

The Q400 payrates are insulting to the pilot group here. The ALPA drive failed by 4 votes. It is our own fault because there was a mentality here that it would pass without question...So people thought

"Well hell, why do I need to vote? I want ALPA but I don't have the time to vote".

That is a terrible attitude to have and we're suffering for it, so we understand that.

Secondly- because we lack representation, we didn't have a say in the Q400 payrates. They are TERRIBLE. And it is the MAIN reason why VERY FEW of our pilots want to go to that airplane. We have underbid NO ONE. We have stolen NO ONES flying. We didn't ask for it. When most of us came to Colgan we were an EAS/At-Risk company threatening NO ONE. Within 2 years we have become "bottom feeding, scum sucking, scabs" of the regional industry. None of us asked for the new flying or airplanes.

I thought we were in this together, considering we are an ALPA-driving carrier right now, but I guess not. You're solution is sticking them in with scabs.

ALPA will pass in August, we will negotiate better payrates. CERTAINLY not Horizon rates, but certainly deservable payrates and continue growing the Q400 operation. Unfourtunately for you it will be in IAH next.

DONT FORGET- EXPRESSJET UNDERBID AWAC and SKYWEST for the DELTA CONTRACT.

But- I guess thats okay, isn't it?