View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 07:20 AM
Herkflyr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Left seat of a little plane

Res G/S question. If you are given a green slip, when do they remove the future reserve days from your schedule? Is when you are awarded the G/S, when you check in for the G/S or at completion of the rotation?
They are supposed to place the PB days as soon as the GS is on your schedule. However...they often do not.

-->IMPORTANT! Once you have finished a reserve GS, you get nine hours free of duty from release, then your PB days start. However, while we all might "assume" that this is an automated process, we would be wrong! This is a MANUAL process that the scheduler is supposed to take care of. I flew three reserve GS last August and in two of them the scheduler did not do that. One of them we blocked in an hour late, but the PB days started as if we had blocked in on time. Ditto for the second example, except that one was even worse--no PB days were even put on my schedule and then scheduling tried to put me on short call! Both situations were rectified with a phone call, but take ownership of your schedule! I asked the supervisor "shouldn't this be automated (like almost all other rotation details are)?" Her answer was "we've asked for this many times, but been denied due to programming costs."

I may way to personal drop a couple reserve days, but only if I get a G/S. If I’m awarded a G/S then on the next PSC run, drop a couple days and have my payback days applied afterwards. Make sense?
(I had an earlier answer but I think I was confusing myself). I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. If you wish to drop reserve on call days later in the month, think of that as a separate event. As for the reserve on call days after your reserve GS, the contract is pretty cut and dried: you get nine hours free of duty after release, then 24 hours free of duty for every X day violated by flying the GS.