View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 09:11 AM
zerozero
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Av8r75 View Post
Sorry to stir the pot...lol! I won't even bother directly addressing some of these thoughts, since its the same old argument.

By the way...I don't think any ATI pilot wants to be mentioned in this article....that was my point...the only pilot group not mentioned was ATI. The article is heavily slanted in favor of the disgruntled parties and only tells one side of the story.

The conditions at Atlas and ABX have been that way well before Amazon became a customer. If anything, as was already said, we should be thankful for the extra lift they are providing. That would be too easy for some though.

Much like ambulance chasing lawyers go after the deep pockets, so do these pilots. It makes no sense to go after a customer with your previous working conditions. All of the sudden, uncle Jeff is responsible for saving the day!

As someone else said in this thread, this is ACMI guys...if you don't think its right move on. Many of you state how this is the perfect time to get what we want with the shortage of pilots....hmmm...take your own advice...there are plenty of opportunities for pilots these days. Don't like your current gig...find a new one!

I started my flying career for a small regional many years ago and it wasn't what I expected. Pay was very low and the schedule was horrible. Instead of complaining I left the industry for some years and waited until things got better. You all know that this industry is more about timing than anything.

Finally, I had to chuckle when I read either on this thread or another related thread, someone pointing out how Amazon doesn't provide benefits to Amazon Flex drivers...Hah! You have got to be kidding me...really! Flex is a side gig like Uber or Lyft. Not many people do it full time. I for one am glad these p/t opportunities exist, that way I can choose to make some extra cash now and then when it works for me. Never expected Amazon to provide me with full benefits and a retirement for a side gig...seriously...incredulous!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
This, my friends, is a classic example of what we call "cognitive dissonance."

noun:
the state of having inconsistent thoughts, beliefs, or attitudes, especially as relating to behavioral decisions and attitude change.
Here is an ATI pilot telling us how grateful we should all be to Amazon for these great jobs (and big shiny whipsaw).

These jobs are so great, our Mr Av8r apparently needs to make a little extra cash driving a van for Amazon.