View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 06:00 PM
buckleyboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2011

Not sure about the Ritz deal, but I often put my Marriott card on file at Marriott properties. Sometimes I will get access to the lounges, sometimes I get stay credit. Not a sure thing, but better than nothing.

Another gift card hack: a couple years ago my wife wanted fancy new cookware for Christmas. Bed Bath & Beyond was where she wanted to get it because she had a big coupon.
(I have a habit to calling things by different names to mess with her. Bed Bath & Beyond is Best Buy & Beyond. Drives her crazy, which is why I continue to do it!)
She went into Kroger to buy gift cards on our 2.5% cash back card and get a veritable crap ton of fuel points. Walked out with $1500 in Best Buy gift card. Neither of was was happy, jokes on me now, right?
Well, it was until we realized Best Buy sells gift cards. So I got $1500 with of Bed Bath & Beyond gift cards from Best Buy. And because I bought over $1000 in gift cards from Best Buy, I was given a free $75 gift card from them!
We still laugh about it.
For the super couponing copper wire inventors among us, might want took into that hack if you still have shopping to do this Christmas.