Old 12-15-2019, 08:06 AM
lbell
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2019

Originally Posted by Longhornmaniac8 View Post
The quality of life at Republic is so much better than Envoy, any miniscule difference in movement (and I'm skeptical of that with how little Envoy guys fly on reserve) shouldn't move the needle at all. They're both essentially a 1000 hour upgrade these days. The only difference is that Republic won't force you to upgrade at 950 hours if you don't feel ready. And that is a completely normal thing to not be ready with that time.

You will be much happier at Republic in NYC, with two (very junior) bases to choose from and two bases to pick up trips from. It's also one area where Republic is definitely not going to go anywhere.

Endeavor you'll get paid marginally more, but sit reserve for a long time and wait equally long to upgrade.

I can't come up with any scenario where anyone would choose Envoy or Endeavor in NYC over Republic unless they absolutely had to go to AA.

(also, people can and do break guarantee on reserve at Republic, especially if you're NYC-based)
What he said, PLUS with minimum trip guarantees, you credit more time when you do pick up trips at Republic than at Envoy....I sent you a PM