Old 12-18-2019, 08:53 PM
C2078
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2019

There is something to be said, high efficiencies gained by having a fully integrated network, ground/air all one employee group. Having seen it first hand, when UPS drivers get their trucks loaded (they don’t do it themselves), the Express/Air packages get sorted separately and the drivers have a very high degree of sensitivity to the importance of getting the Express/Air packages delivered by the time required. So to the main argument, UPS delivery trucks operate as ONE source, and they understand the importance of the Air side packages, they bust their butts to get those packages delivered first/on time. The UPS delivery system has gotten very good at sorting out time sensitive/time constrained items. For example, say you have a Next Day Air package in your truck, but it’s not a morning delivery, just an economy by the nd of day next day. The UPS sorting system has gotten very good at organizing packages to combine geographical deliveries, meaning a non time sensitive Air package in a truck is combined with a ground delivery. So you make ONE stop, deliver on time the Air package and while in the area deliver the ground package as well. I do believe Fedex is starting to realize the efficiencies gained with an integrated system. It always cracks me up when Fedex call 490k+ teammates, when virtually ALL the Ground side folks are 1099/independent contractors! No benefits, no retirement, nothing!! Pay attention to the Fedex Ground trucks, they all have “Operated by.....” on the side.

The UPS drivers have a very high level of stress and performance on them, they deliver ALL for UPS, and know of they don’t deliver the Air side packages on time it’s a huge cost to eat. There is a reason UPS drivers make the most money, they earn it big time. They are very appreciative of the pension being accumulated, and also being the highest earning delivery drivers.

This post may be biased, I try hard not to put down any competitor, especially one as formidable as Fedex, but the integrated network and the independent contractor info is fact, not opinion.