Old 12-21-2019, 08:59 AM
swiftdev082
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2017

To anyone interested, I received word from the FAA federal flight surgeon office yesterday that my Special Issuance First Class was issued. The FAA registry was updated shortly after to reflect this. The regional office emailed me a copy of the certificate and authorization letter as well, a nice gesture.

To be clear, to anyone going through the process of obtaining a SI, it is a BIG hassle. But if you patiently stick with it, you will prevail.

The "Germanwings incident" is not a factor here in cases where SSRI is used for mild to moderate depression and/or anxiety. By all means, be open and transparent with the FAA with this. Your willingness to comply WILL be looked at favorably.

Please, please PM me if you are looking for more information about this process. I cannot provide medical or legal counsel, but I can provide information about how the FAA process works, times you can expect, etc. so that you can be confident in the steps you are taking to obtain your certification.

Attitude is everything. Show willingness to work with them, be patient, and they will work with you.