View Single Post
Old 12-22-2019, 03:23 AM
Lightspeed
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2018
Default A Few Questions about United

Hi all,

I’m very thankful to have a job offer from United. I currently have a good corporate job with a decent QOL and I’m weighing my decision to leave for UAL. The primary reason to make the switch is to have a more stable schedule and to know ahead of time when I’ll be home. Unfortunately, I don’t know a single pilot at United but I have a few questions about the operation that hopefully some of you can answer. Thanks in advance for any info you’re willing to share.

1) EWR is a 3.5 -4hr drive from my house. What does a reserve schedule look like? Will I have to commute in the night before or dose a receive block always start with long call?

2) How much vacation does one get and how do you use it?

3) If you want to purchase airfare for the whole family at a discount (instead of trying to fly space available) how are the tickets discounted?

4) As I understand it, profit sharing is available after completing your first year and averages somewhere around 8%. Is this correct?

5) How far in advance is your schedule known?

6) Can someone explain how one drops or trades trips? How useful is this tool for manipulating your schedule?

7) How are the family healthcare benefits for someone with a large family?

Thanks again!